The PlayStation 5, released by Sony Interactive Entertainment on November 12th, 2020, was a significant advancement in both performance and aesthetics. Undoubtedly, it represents a big improvement for Sony’s console lineup.
The PS5 continues to amaze us with its cutting-edge design and potent performance even after it has been available on the market for some time. With its redesigned DualSense controller that features adaptive triggers and more discrete vibration feedback, the PS5 can run games more smoothly, load them quicker, and enhance the entire gaming experience. Even after being an absolute beast in terms of performance, the console does a few things on its own that annoy the players. One of these things is “PS5 saving trophy videos and screenshots automatically”. Today, we’re going to show you how to turn this off, so make sure to keep reading till the end.
How to stop PS5 trophies saving videos and screenshot recordings?
Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to prevent PS5 from saving trophy videos and screenshot recordings automatically:
- From the “Home screen“, click on the “Settings” icon on your top-right.
- Scroll down and select “Captures and broadcasts.”
- Then, click on “Auto captures” and select “Trophies.”
- Click on “Save trophy screenshots” and you’ll be presented with a list of options on your screen from which you can either select which trophy screenshots you want to save (like Platinum trophies, Platinum & Gold trophies, etc.) or turn off this setting by selecting the “None” option.
- Below the save trophy screenshots option, you’ll see an option to “Save trophy videos“. You need to click on it and follow the same selection procedure again, or just change it to “None” to turn off PS5 saving trophy videos.
That’s it, folks! We hope that we were able to help you turn off the automatic trophy screenshots and recordings setting on PS5. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned.